Why did Yokohama get involved?By relinquishing a number of commercial activities in favour of supporting TyreSafe’s campaign, Yokohama has helped the industry reach out and communicate with a significant number of drivers in a high profile, eye-catching manner. By deploying the activity across the entire 2017-18 football season Yokohama has managed to significantly increase the reach of its activities, enhancing the effectiveness of TyreSafe
What did Yokohama do?Building on the success of its award-winning campaigns in 2015 and 2016, Yokohama utilised its partnership with Chelsea Football Club to generate further high-profile awareness of tyre safety issues with football fans, as well as creating a powerful call to action by encouraging them to check their tyres for a safe journey home. The primary activity was focused around Chelsea’s 19 home Premier League fixtures at Stamford Bridge, reaching out to more than 40,000 individuals attending each match through prominent “Safe tyres save lives” messages on the stadium’s giant screens, pitch side advertising boards and match day programme advertising. Indeed, over the course of the season, excluding any audience views on television, the tyre safety messages were displayed in front of a potential match day audience of more than ¾ million people.
- A total of 784,353 football fans exposed to the TyreSafe message at Stamford Bridge
- This is a 58% increase on the previous year’s awareness campaign
- Significant exposure via social media activity
- Widespread media coverage in a host of consumer, local and trade press
- Commitment from Chelsea FC to continue its support for TyreSafe through the entire of the 2017-18 season with safety messages at all home matches