- The minimum limit for a tyre’s tread depth on motorcycle with an engine capacity of 51cc and over is 1mm throughout a continuous band around at least three quarters of the breadth of the tread
- Those below 50cc must have a clearly visible tread pattern around the entire circumference and across the whole breadth of the tyre
- Tyre pressures can be found in the owner’s manual or on the swing arm connecting the rear wheel to the bike’s frame
- Check tyres are free of damage such as sidewall scuffs
- Need a replacement? Go for a like-for-like replacement
- Remember: there are three different measures used for scooter tyre sizes, if in any doubt, seek professional advice
- New tyres fitted? Motorcycle tyres have a thin, slippery residue on them when new as a result of the manufacturing process – allow 100 miles of cautious riding to ‘scrub’ them.
This article was posted on 21st June 2017 in Latest News