Top tips for correct tyres maintenance
- Use a reliable and accurate pressure gauge to check the pressure of van tyres at least once a month or before a long trip.
- Check the pressure in all tyres not forgetting to check any spare tyre(s) as well.
- Tyre pressure should be checked against the vehicle manufacturer’s recommended operating pressures for the load being carried.
- Check the pressure when tyres are cold or when the vehicle has travelled less than two miles.
- When checking pressures, give the rest of the tyre a thorough visual inspection. Remove any stones and other objects embedded in the tread. Look out for any cuts, lumps or bulges.
- If you are unsure on any aspect of tyre pressure or tyre condition take your vehicle to an approved fitting centre and speak to the experts.