Van Tyre Safety Top Tips and Advice
TyreSafe provide van drivers, fleet managers and workshop managers with top tips for ensuring correct van tyres maintenance. We also provide a handy guide to download.
Top tips for correct tyres maintenance
- Use a reliable and accurate pressure gauge to check the pressure of van tyres at least once a month or before a long trip.
- Check the pressure in all tyres not forgetting to check any spare tyre(s) as well.
- Tyre pressure should be checked against the vehicle manufacturer’s recommended operating pressures for the load being carried.
- Check the pressure when tyres are cold or when the vehicle has travelled less than two miles.
- When checking pressures, give the rest of the tyre a thorough visual inspection. Remove any stones and other objects embedded in the tread. Look out for any cuts, lumps or bulges.
- If you are unsure on any aspect of tyre pressure or tyre condition take your vehicle to an approved fitting centre and speak to the experts.
Download our handy guide to Van tyre safety (PDF, 320KB)