Winter Weather Tips
Correct tyre care, maintenance and selection can greatly enhance your safety on the road this winter.
To make sure you’re properly equipped, follow our Magnificent 7 tyre safety tips.
Winter tyre safety with TyreSafe’s Magnificent 7
- Make sure your tyres have adequate tread depth to keep you safe and legal by taking the 20p test
- Ensure your tyres are properly inflated and checked at least once a month and before any long journeys
- Check the condition of your tyres by looking for any lumps, bulges or cracks and remove any objects embedded in the tread
- When checking the tread, pressures and condition, don’t forget the spare
- Consider fitting winter weather tyres for the whole winter period. At temperatures below 7 degrees C they provide much better safety and grip
- Remove wheels or jack the weight off any vehicles’ tyres that will not be used over the winter months such as caravans, horseboxes or motorcycles
- Visit your nearest participating tyre dealer for a free tyre safety check