Tyre Safety Month
The highlight of TyreSafe’s campaign calendar is Tyre Safety Month, which takes place throughout October. It is the opportunity for all tyre safety stakeholders to pool their resources in raising awareness of tyre safety to all of the UK’s motorists. While every month should be a tyre safety month, this campaign invites motorists to get into the habit of checking their tyres are safe and roadworthy.
The materials featured are from the 2020 campaign, which incorporated ‘ACT’ acronym into the campaign title:
• Air pressure
• Tread depth:
Organising an activity for Tyre Safety Month can seem daunting if it’s your first time but the TyreSafe team is here to support you. We’d recommend you start by referring to our ‘How to’ guides, which offer a quick introduction to a large number of options you may want to consider.
Remember, TyreSafe may be able to help further publicise the event, connect organisers with other local supporters or provide materials which may enhance your activities. As such, the best time to let us know what your organisation is doing in Tyre Safety Month is at the planning stage. If you’d like to get involved with Tyre Safety Month but are not sure how to, why not contact email@example.com or call 01787 226995, or take a look at one of our ‘how to’ guides for inspiration and advice.
Tyre safety month continues to grow each year, but its success would not be possible without the help of many road safety professionals across the UK. Road safety officers, local councils, police forces, fire services, driving instructors and many others are critical in helping to spread messages and improve behaviour about tyre care and maintenance, helping to make our roads a safer place.
Tyre safety month provides road safety professionals with an ideal opportunity to run awareness campaigns, enforcement campaigns or even educational initiatives. Tying your local initiatives in with tyre safety month can help raise the profile of your activities and get the message out to the public as well as engaging with local and regional media.
Much of the success of Tyre Safety Month results from the involvement and participation of our many supporters. Our campaign toolkit gives an overview of this year’s campaign along with some ideas about how you can get involved and support the campaign.
To register your interest in supporting Tyre Safety Month, contact firstname.lastname@example.org To get you started, here are some ideas of activities you could carry out during Tyre Safety Month. Remember, TyreSafe may be able to help further publicise the event, connect organisers with other local supporters or provide materials which may enhance your activities.
As such, the best time to let us know what your organisation is doing in Tyre Safety Month is at the planning stage.
- Promote Tyre Safety Month by using our campaign materials in your workplace and local community
- Set up a local event offering free tyre safety checks and advice to drivers
- Hold a tyre safety day at your workplace
- Organise a tyre safety audit of all of your employees’ cars
- Previous events have ranged from education evenings within dealerships to roadside checks and shopping centre exhibitions in conjunction with local emergency services
- Promote your event with your local press. Send them a press release in advance of the day and invite them down to have their tyres checked
- Get in touch with your local police force, fire service or road safety partnership and set up a joint awareness day in your local shopping centre or supermarket car park
- Add a page to your external website or company intranet as well as linking to TyreSafe’s campaign pages
- Add a Tyre Safety Month campaign banner to your website
- Use your company’s social media channels to remind drivers to check their tyres
- Add a seasonal message to your company’s e-newsletter reminding recipients to check their tyre tread
- Use #CheckTyres when using Twitter to further the tyre safety message